1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Button stuck on Smoktech Winder/eGo Twist?

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by J3NN4, Apr 30, 2014.

1. J3NN4

J3NN4 Member

My boyfriend got into vaping a few weeks ago, and purchased one of these from our local shop last Friday.

He used it for a few days, and then the button got stuck. Any advice?

I've seen a few videos on YouTube about taking it apart, but we're both scared to do that since it seems to be a last ditch effort for it.

He did contact the shop, but he's at work so I'm not sure if he's heard back yet or not. Do you think it'd be a problem to get them to fix it, or replace it?

Here's some pictures so you can see what's going on with it. It's angled and impossible to pop out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

that's a pain but I think are right in not pulling it apart. I'm sure the store will replace the item but possibly not, if it's been messed with.

I might try to take a needle and gently try to rock it loose, if it doesn't come unstuck then it just may be broken but I read that a lot of these ego's have this issue and the button eventually get's "less sticky" but yours just may have gotten trapped under the edge of the button hole and needs a little help getting it free.

3. J3NN4

J3NN4 Member

That's what it looks like :(

Since I didn't pay for it, I'm hesitant to mess with it. He tried to wiggle it loose with a bobby pin, but it didn't do much good. Hopefully we'll be able to go back to the store sometime this weekend and see what they can do, but if not, they're only about $20-30 so I might surprise him with a new one.

Just hate when stuff breaks or becomes unusable.

4. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I had the same issues with EgO batteries, and solved the problem by raising the button back into position with a needle. But if that does not work, taking it back to the store you bought it from might be a good idea, since the vendors might replace your battery for free.

5. J3NN4

J3NN4 Member

Got an e-mail back from the owner last night, he said bring it in and he'll replace it. :D

It makes me so happy when vendors are actually nice about replacements.

I felt sort of bad having to message this guy again because a bottle I'd bought from him was cracked, and I didn't realize until I got home because the seal was keeping it from leaking out. Most of it was in the bottom of my bag when I got home, and he was super nice about replacing it so I hated to bother him again.

I know a lot of places have a no refunds/replacements policy, which I understand. It's easy to break things if you're not careful, but sometimes it happens... and since this is a KNOWN issue with these, I'm glad he's okay with replacing it.

6. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

Awesome, i'm glad to hear that it all worked out.

7. derailed

derailed Member

I've also got this issue before. But I did it the "lazy" way. I've used a hairpin to unstuck it. Not a good idea, but an easier (and cheaper) one. Anyways, I'm happy that your problem had been solved.

8. J3NN4

J3NN4 Member

The vendor he bought it from seems to think the piece underneath it slipped away. I haven't taken one of these apart before so I'm not sure what he's talking about, but the way it's angled, it's impossible to get anything in there to jiggle it out. :(