1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Can an e-cig be a long term replacement for cigarettes?

Discussion in 'New To Vaping' started by forextraspecialstuff, Apr 8, 2014.

1. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Member

Preference is key when it comes to putting any sort of substance in your body, I suppose. I personally love vaping when compared to smoking actual cigarettes. I had a terrible habit that I needed to kick. My problem was the smell and the way it made me feel when I breathed in a ton of smoke.

I think it is very possible to replace cigarettes with e-cigs. I have and I feel tremendously better.

2. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 New Member

The E-cig was designed as a way to quit, but I guess it could be used as an alternative to smoking. I used it to quit smoking, but it is kind of like chewing tobacco, just another excuse to do a necessary evil. We all need to do one.

3. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

Still smoke free thanks to my vaporizer, now I like using it for its calming/aromatherapy effects. Well that and I love to "tinker" with various coil builds and device setups, it has turned into a hobby of sorts.

4. alexishbob2

alexishbob2 New Member

I agree with what others have said so far in this thread. How effective a replacement it is completely depends on how much he likes vaping. If you hate vaping, then you are much more likely to go back to normal cigarettes than if you love vaping so much you could never consider it. I personally think it's a great replacement once you get into it, but I'm sure there are others who feel differently.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

When I quit smoking I was counting days, like day 1, day 2 and so on. So yes, I think vaping can be a long term replacement, I mean, we are just replacing a habit for another one, but a cheaper and healthier habit. If with time we want to quit vaping, that is another conversation.

6. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I think that an e-cig can be a long term replacement for a typical cigarette, but I guess that you would need to try it out yourself.