1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you inhale the vapor into your lungs?

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by derailed, May 14, 2014.

1. derailed

derailed Member

I do it sometimes, but most of the times I just puff on it. I heard that inhaling the vapor into your lungs will make them wetter, and that's very dangerous, so I try to avoid inhaling the vapor as much as possible. I don't know if this is a true fact though.

What about you? Do you inhale the vapor into your lungs?

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I do inhale the vapor and although I have heard about extra moisture being trapped in your lungs I never really worried about it.

Recently I backed off on the amount I vape because I felt a pain when I inhaled without vaping and thought maybe i was having an allergic reaction to the PG in my liquid. The pain has gone away but I will continue to try to not chain vape so often and I will buy some 100% VG juice and see if that helps.

3. derailed

derailed Member

Hm, are you sure it's only an allergy and it's not from vaping? I've seen some cases in which vaper smokers got their lungs damaged, even cancer.

4. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Member

The only thing this thread did was scare me, honestly ha ha. I am now wanting to do some research on vaping. I never knew that inhaling the vapor was bad for you. I mean, it can't be good but I wasn't aware that it could get water trapped in your lungs or make you develop problems.

Time to look into this. :(

5. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

The pain i was feeling is actually gone, I believe it was just a viral infection that has passed.

At any rate, I would love to read any articles you find regarding vaping causing cancer. So far the only ones I can find are related to inhaling massive amounts of nicotine and even those are vague about the results.

6. derailed

derailed Member

7. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I really appreciate all of your posting on this forum but please please please use common sense when reading articles about vaping and ecigs. If in fact the company that manufactures the ecig that DJ bought did add such high concentrations of nicotine and harmful chemicals such as Anti freeze then they are in the minority and should be investigated.

"Cig-alikes" which are the ones that look like real cigs should be avoided first off and for those of us using personal vaporizers I would advise buying ejuice from reputable mixologists that use ONLY food grade flavorings and pg/vg and add NOTHING else to their juice aside from liquid nicotine in safe levels.

The article you posted is what we call yellow journalism and is a scar tactic to protect the interests of big tobacco and big pharma.

I do thank you for the link and it was in fact, as you said an "interesting read"

8. derailed

derailed Member

Oh, I'm sorry then. Still, it's good to spread the word, as more people would get aware of those nasty companies that produce harmful e-cigs.

9. Greaser

Greaser New Member

No, I don't inhale the vapor. However, this is due to the fact that my "analog" choice of smoke are cigars. Force of habit, if you will.

10. jjeffers

jjeffers New Member

I usually try to puff, but i sometimes inhale it! It does not bother me too bad, but in others it varies!

11. jjeffers

jjeffers New Member

I usually try to puff, but i sometimes inhale it! It does not bother me too bad, but in others it varies!

12. 2times

2times New Member

I inhale the vapor into my lungs when i am with friends doing tricks and having fun or just sitting at home watching a movie on the couch. very rarely do i just puff on the vape. I like to get the maximum flavor of inhaling the whole puff. I'm not too worried about extra water in my lungs right now. I might start looking into it, though, if i will continue to use my vape and turn it into a long term hobby :)

13. derailed

derailed Member

Well, considering that e-cigs are a long-term replacement for cigarettes, it may become a hobby. I personally love it. I also inhale the vapor into my lungs, as I'm used to do so.

14. alexishbob2

alexishbob2 New Member

Personally I do inhale, but as I don't really vape that often, I don't think it poses much of an issue. I've never actually heard there was any sort of issue with it, so I may have to look into that, but honestly, I don't think it could be any worse than the cigarettes it has replaced...

15. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 New Member

I have heard a lot of people saying that inhaling it is bad for you. Whelp I smoked the real stuff for nine plus years, I am pretty sure that my lungs are already messed up as is. So if inhaling vapor is going to kill me, than I lived one heck of a life. I do inhale though, I inhale like a beast.

16. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I do it whenever I'm smoking. Well I don't know about that, but smoking is bad itself.