1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you miss smoking cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by TheRiverRunsWild, Apr 21, 2014.

1. TheRiverRunsWild

TheRiverRunsWild New Member

I have to be honest that sometimes I get the sudden urge to smoke a stick or two. But thankfully, my will has always overcome my wants and I've been able to survive. It's very hard to take control of not trying to smoke real cigarettes not only because I'm the only one using e-cigs among my friends but also because the price of e-cigs here in the Philippines is way too expensive and I can't get them to try it out. I got mine as gift from my brother who also shifted to vaping. It's very hard to explain to them the benefits of vaping and e-cigs because I can't get them to try it out for themselves.

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I cant really put my finger on what really sold me as far as getting me to switch but i know it had something to do with the enhanced throat hit from the ejuice and the amount of vapor as well as the coolness factor of all the cool mods and tanks you could buy. I think I was hooked on the shiny factor of the mods and the equipment since im a "tinkerer" and love to play with technology and so forth.

But after 8 months of vaping, I still get the urge to smoke so I keep a few cigs on my desk and when i cant take it anymore i light one up and you know what happens every single time?

I get disgusted after a few puffs and I wash my mouth out with a big strong hit off my vaporizer lol.

I'm fairly certain I will never go back to smoking because vaping is just so much better.

3. TheRiverRunsWild

I totally agree, my brother is like you by the way. A few months ago, whenever he gets the urge, he smokes a stick but afterwards he keeps on brushing and gargling mouthwash. When I asked him why he says that he doesn't like the taste of cigarettes anymore but can't understand why he gets the urge to smoke them from time to time. Our uncle who's a psychologist explained to us that it's actually not the taste or the nicotine that stimulates the urge to smoke a cigarette when you know you've already quit. It's actually the habit of smoking the cigarette that makes you do it. It's like a subconscious pattern that's embedded inside our heads. The way the cigarette is lit to the constant flipping of lighter lids to the heat of the cigarette at the tip of the fingers. It all contributes to the subconscious habit of smoking.

Anyway enough about the scientific jargon. It's true though I guess if you really decide to quit, then you'll never go back. I totally agree with you. I'm never going back to smoking cigarettes.

4. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

dead on man and thats why I always tell ppl to make damn sure that you have that vaporizer sitting there first thing in the morning, close to the dinner table, and next to your bed. You have to make sure to replace the cigs during the critical moments of smoking and allow yourself to smoke randomly during the day. its the critical moments during the day when you need to have that vape handy. and thats what worked for me. eventually i forgot to smoke real cigs because i focused on making sure my vape was right there during the critical smoking moments.

5. TheRiverRunsWild

That's why it's important really to have them around all the time. Like now, before going to work. I always check the things that I will be taking with me to work. I check if I have my cellphone, my laptop, my cellphone charger and laptop charger, my toothbrush and toothpaste; and before, my lighter. Now, it's like I check if I have my e-cig ready or if I have enough vapor to last the day. It's totally life changing and I've never been healthier.

6. Takedon

Takedon Member

Not really. But I still have weird dreams where I smoke from a regular cigar and then I cannot breathe anymore and suffocate.

7. derailed

derailed Member

Yeah, sometimes. I have to confess that when I feel the urge I give up and smoke some. But generally I don't feel like smoking cigarettes, and this is good for me.

8. KittyReeves

KittyReeves New Member

Seeing as I started smoking using e-cigs, not really. I've tried the traditional ones before, but the smoke was always way too thick and heavy tasting, and made my mouth taste awful. Vapors are nicer cause, duh, VAPOR, but also they're lighter.

9. Takedon

Takedon Member

I actually miss it. It's been an addiction and I wake up at times and want to light a cigar. Then, I remember why I've quit in the first place.

10. Grimpus

Grimpus New Member

I only miss the social side of smoking cigarettes as here in England everyone likes to huddle outside and sometimes it can be so cute :) but other than that, electronic cigs are way better even for the nicotine hit :) Smoking cigarettes is quite pathetic really hahaha

11. WestCoastXO

WestCoastXO New Member

I still have the occasional cigarette, but I'm trying to cut back more. I've been focusing my attention more on e-cigs and trying to form a habit of picking up my vape rather than cigarettes. It's a slow but steady progress.

12. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

you have the right idea, allow yourself a few smokes per day but make sure that vape is right there after meals, in the morning, and anytime you REALLY need a smoke then hit that vape hard and you will find that vaping will take over soon enough.

13. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

Definitely agree, and the way I did it. Whenever I really wanted a smoke, I would hit my e-cig and would vape until that craving went away. Nothing wrong with occasionally lighting one up, though, as long as you don`t risk getting addicted again or as long you don`t smoke more then you vape.

14. Takedon

Takedon Member

In the first month, you really want to quit vaping and start smoking regular cigars again. Then, you realize how good e-cigs are.

15. Berberita

Berberita New Member

Not at all. I sometimes miss the old cigarettes and those good looking packs. But after a few months I never felt like smoking one again. As I want to quit smoking the old cigarettes, I think it's something good and that's why I'm vaping. Also It's less expensive and leaves a nice taste/scent.

16. Takedon

Takedon Member

After one month, you usually give up smoking nicotine. Then, it just becomes a habit and it is really easy to get rid of.

17. Andrei

Andrei New Member

I definitely do. I am trying to quit smoking regular cigars by smoking e-cigs and it is somewhat helpful and effective.

18. derailed

derailed Member

Well, now I consider myself being a "more advanced" e-cig smoker, so I could say that yes, I miss cigarettes. I have a cigarette from time to time, just to relax a bit.

19. tmbits

tmbits New Member

I don't miss a single thing about cigarettes! When I first started vaping I definitely did. If your just starting out in the wonderful world of vaping. Give it a couple of days. Your taste buds need to come alive again. Once you start to properly taste the vape you'll NEVER go back! I remember thinking "even the tobacco flavours don't taste like a smoke!" Then I had reanalyze my thoughts. Think about it. You're quitting not just for the health benefits. But because it literally stinks! Why would you want to taste an ashtray when you can actually taste something cool like Espresso, or Bubblegum AND inhale it! lol.
    As a 3 pack a day reformed smoker...I will never again use a lighter! Vape on!!

20. derailed

derailed Member

Well, that's a nice motivational speech you got here. Congratulations on your nice progress. I guess that everything's worth it in the end.