1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you prefer to shop online, or visit a store?

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by J3NN4, Jun 6, 2014.

1. J3NN4

J3NN4 Member

I'm split pretty 50/50 with that. If I'm shopping for juices, my local shop has a killer juice bar where I can try anything I'd like (they have over 100 different brands, flavors, so, that keeps me busy.) I rarely order juice online unless someone recommends some to me. I'd much rather try it before buying.

If I'm buying coils (I finally graduated to making my own, yay!) or batteries, etc... I always buy those online. The mark up is too high in stores near me to justify it, even though I want to help them out. I can't pay $90 for something that I can buy for $30 online.

2. LittleMissMia

LittleMissMia Member

I like to shop at a store. I think the overall experience is better. You can ask the workers questions and for new recommendations and stuff like that. At the place I go to the man lets me try different things for free -like he will give a brand new pen and let me take it home and test it- and if I like it I buy a lot from him and recommend it to friends. Build relationships with the people! It pays off, it's not what you know, it's who you know!

3. brandon0818x

brandon0818x New Member

I think it's easier to shop in the store. There, you can have direct conversation with the workers and ask questions about the product. Also, you do not have to pay for shipping and do not have to wait to receive your package. Also, you can see the product in person and buy your e-cig without any bad surprises.

4. derailed

derailed Member

Well, my local stores have very good gear, so I prefer shopping from there. But when it comes to flavors, I always shop for them online. I like to get them from good dealers and have the best vaping experience. And when I shop for gear I want to test out what I'm buying, so I prefer buying it from stores.

5. nick1708

nick1708 New Member

I personally like visiting a store rather than shopping online just because I like to go out and see people. I don't always have the time to visit a store. Shopping online is convenient it allows you to buy things without hurting your schedule. The best thing about shopping online is that it gives you privacy because you won't have people looking at you while you shop. Not only that, but the receipts are usually made so that no one will know what you bought.

6. kylekur2

kylekur2 New Member

I prefer visiting a store because I like to physically see what I am going to buy and be able to see the quality of the product. Also, I don't really mind people looking at what I buy.

7. potstar

potstar New Member

I prefer going personally to a store. I think it's always better to try out or experience the product iteself before you pay for it. Plus it's better to have the assurance of seeing a legit store and holding the product in your hand personally instead of just looking at pictures online and paying someone behind a desk half way around the globe. Who knows it's a scam or a bogus. :? :shock: :cry:

8. Peninha

Peninha Member

Until I am an experienced vaper I would prefer to buy in a store of course because I would have a ton of questions to make and I want to check the material. For an experienced vaper I think online is a better choice though.

9. alexisfinch24

alexisfinch24 New Member

I prefer to visit a store to purchase my vapor products. I believe it is a highly personal choice whether you buy online or in a store.

10. bsthebenster

bsthebenster New Member

Definitely online, that's where I've found all the best deals. That goes for almost anything really, but especially e cigs.

11. llamajesus

llamajesus New Member

I've actually never been to a store, mainly because of lack of opportunity. I don't mind ordering online though as long as I trust the place and have heard good things from other people.

12. vdenayb23

vdenayb23 New Member

way easier to shop in the store. That way all your questions get answered right then and there.

13. LittleMissMia

LittleMissMia Member

Exactly! :D

14. SilvioMaF

SilvioMaF New Member

I always shopped at a local store. I find it better to see it for your self and trying on the moment. I frequently go to that shop so the guy who works there wants me to try any new liquid so I can give my opinion. And he gives me some good deals too. I tried over 90+ liquids only from that store. And only bought about 20 different liquids or so.

15. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I prefer to visit a store because then I can basically see what I'm buying. Especially with clothes. The ones you order through a internet shop you can only be guided by the size.

16. titohunter

titohunter New Member

Im 50 50 on online shopping. The shipping costs and waiting a week for your stuff gets on my nerves. I still prefer to order a bunch of stuff in the comfort of my home and have it delivered to my door though.

17. sissy0903

sissy0903 New Member

At first it was easier to purchase online because we had absolutely no shops within 30 miles of our home. Now that we have several nearby its so much nicer to shop in store. The great thing about our store is that they have a testing station that allows you to test out ANY flavor that you like. Of course the testers don't have nicotine in them so not to get overloaded with nicotine. Some stores only allow a few tests each visit but our store has over 50 flavors and no limit when testing. Its great because if I want to try something different they simply say come on over and try this new one out or try it again to make sure you still like it. :D :D If available they will also let you try out different atomizer set ups as well.

18. NomadicCaches

NomadicCaches New Member

When I was living in Phoenix I would go into shops since I had so many options. My current city has terrible shops for ecigs and I don't even bother visiting them anymore. I stick to online purchases unless I visit a big city where I have more options available at a shop or two I can visit.

19. sn1

sn1 New Member

well i prefer shopping online really. i find it more convenient for me and less hassle. i dont buy everything online but when i do the company must be well known or trusted and have good reviews.

20. titohunter

titohunter New Member

You're right because i ordered a lot of them and they are not what they appeared to be online.