1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Ranks

Discussion in 'VapingForum Announcements' started by VapingForums, Apr 6, 2014.

1. VapingForums

VapingForums Administrator Staff Member

I was tossing around the ideas of setting up forum ranks because, although I don't really care about such things, I wanted to at least bring them to the group. Below are the ranks I came up with, PLEASE feel free to reply with your thoughts on the ranks and I can adjust them accordingly.

- New Vaper 0
    - Intermediate Vaper 100
    - Advanced Vaper 500
    - Elite Vaper 1000
    - Vape God 2000

Higher than this gets you mod status but of course mod status can be awarded earlier if someone shows a real interest in being a mod, just pm me to talk more about mod status.

2. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

The rank names are very good. Do you want to base rank of off number of posts posted? Or how do you want to give out points?

3. VapingForums

I was thinking of basing it off number of posts like all other forums but the ones I came up with kinda make it sound like your posts dictate your knowledge of vaping which doesnt make sense. I might go back to something like

new poster
    intermediate poster
    advanced poster
    elite poster
    veteran poster

im not sure.

4. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

Well, 2000 posts sound like a lot for the highest rank. :D Maybe you could base it of off activity/day or seniority on the forums.

5. VapingForums

Ah i agree but that kind of logic isnt built into the software to assign ranks, I would have to assign ranks like that by hand. From my experience over the past few years using various forums it actually doesn't take long to hit that number of posts but it does in fact take dedication.

I will keep the rank topic open and consider creating a small group of new ranks for people like yourself that I can manually manage. The ones I posted in the OP are more generic like the ones you see on other forums just to see how active ppl are.

I will keep you all posted.

6. VapingForums

ok, simplified the ranks a bit.

New Member 0-49 posts
    Full Member 50+ posts
    Ultra Member 1000+ posts
    Vape God 2000+ posts

7. Laksefar

Laksefar Member

Seems good !
    Always a nice additon to have some ranks, to show off :D

8. Erikkoii

Erikkoii Member

I think that the gap between Full Member and Ultra Member is too large. A rank in between at like 200-500+ posts would be appropriate I feel.

9. VapingForums

I think you are right, I will get one added shortly.

10. VapingForums

Ok so here is what I came up with so far. I know the numbers may seem high but I wanted to set them up for the long term. Feel free to post suggestions

New Member 0
    Full Member 50
    Advanced Member 100
    Elite Member 400
    Ultra Member 1000
    Vape God 2000

11. Erikkoii

Erikkoii Member

I think they're pretty good. Although "Vaper" instead of "Member" would be really cool. "Ultra Vaper" for example sounds incredibly cool! :mrgreen:

12. VapingForums

Ha, I actually used the word vaper instead of member at first. I only changed it because the number of posts doesn't really dictate what your actual knowledge of vaping is.

13. LittleMissMia

LittleMissMia Member

I think that this a great idea. I've been following the whole conversation and I think it's a good idea to base the amount of points people get based on there amount of posts. Maybe there could be seniority for the people who have been here after so long or who have been here since the beginning ?

14. Jenbug0421

Jenbug0421 New Member

Well, 1000 posts seems like a lot to me. I usually don't participate in these forums so 1000 posts seems like a lot to me. But, I'm sure that will change.

15. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

I like the categories, but I feel that the numbers are a little too high, here's my suggestion:

New Member 0
    Full Member 50
    Advanced Member 100
    Elite Member 250
    Ultra Member 500
    Vape God 750

I think these numbers will be more easily achievable, how long would someone take to get to 2000 posts?