1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever tried making a flavor by yourself?

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by derailed, Apr 28, 2014.

1. derailed

derailed Member

I've heard that some people prefer to make their own flavors. I feel like I could never make one by myself.

My question is: have you every tried making a flavor (known or a new one) by youself? How did it feel like when you vaped it?

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I haven't yet but I have started looking for website to guy food flavorings and pg/vg from at a fair price. When I finally give it a go, I will post my experiences on the forums.

3. derailed

derailed Member

Okay, we're looking foward to your review. I've been thinking of making flavors by myself for a long time, but either I got no time for it or no ingredients.

4. Takedon

Takedon Member

What do you mean? Making one or combining two flavors and obtaining a different one? Because I don't think it is that easy to create a flavor yourself.

5. HazardVapor

HazardVapor New Member

Making your own flavors is harder than one would expect. Sure you can order all of your ingredients online. But finding a recipe that tastes good is hard to accomplish. We spent almost a year developing our flavors offered in our Brand of eliquid. And it is an ongoing process when developing new flavors to offer. In my own experience it is difficult to do this. Sometimes I would make a flavor that is delicious at first , and as it ages a week or so, starts to taste like shit. And vice versa as well. It takes alot of experimentation. If I can offer some tips I would use very small ammounts of concentrated flavoring while starting out, less is more. And the flavor will change given time, (even without steeping the recipe) . Also use much caution while handling nicotine concentrate. One drop of it spilled onto your skin CAN KILL you if you have a strong enough blend. I have personally spilled nicotine on myself in the lab of our company while working on new flavors and immediately got hot, sweaty, irritated, headache, eyeballs hurt, lightheaded, fast heart rate, panicky, and nauseaus. Be careful when handling nicotine concentrate liquid, wear gloves and a respirator. Even the fumes can be toxic. The official precautions of the label of the bottle itself suggest wearing a hazmat suit!!!!

6. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I'm really glad you replied to this thread, there are far too many ppl posting 'make your own juice" videos on youtube where they are blending liquids in their kitchens with no protection.

After reading your post you can bet your tail if I were to mix a juice that contains nicotine I will take precautions. For my personal stash of zero nic it's different but that nic liquid isn't something to be trifled with.

7. Takedon

Takedon Member

So is it really possible to produce a flavor?

8. J3NN4

J3NN4 Member

I haven't, yet.

My uncle bought everything recently to experiment with, so we're going to try to get around to it eventually.

Of course we're not doing it to start selling our own liquids, but my uncle has a tough time finding stuff he likes, so thought he'd give it a shot.

Worst that can happen is it tastes awful, really. There's no nicotine in it.

9. derailed

derailed Member

Yup, it is. I have friends that produce flavors by themselves. I also want to try it, they say it's cheaper this way. Of course, you need some practice to make a perfect flavor, but that wouldn't be a problem.

10. Takedon

Takedon Member

Well, I could try some practice. Can you recommend me some decent tutorials?