1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

How and when did you start smoking?

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by derailed, May 3, 2014.

1. derailed

derailed Member

I've been smoking since the age of ten. Some 16-17 year old guys gave me a cigarette to try once. Since then I've been smoking more and more. I want to quit it by vaping.

What's your story?

2. Berberita

Berberita New Member

My story is simmilar. I was 14 and one of my friends gave me his pack to hold it. I smoked half of it and that's how I started.

Now I want to quit and the vaper is really useful.

3. Takedon

Takedon Member

I was 14 as well. It was a summer and I was a bit drunk, but that is another story. So I've taken a smoke and became addicted in a month.

4. derailed

derailed Member

Yeah, I remember doing it only to look "cool" back then. And here I am now, trying to quit because of lung problems.

5. J3NN4

J3NN4 Member

Both of my parents smoked, and my mom rarely finishes a cigarette. She'll leave 1/3 of it unsmoked, so that's sort of how I picked it up. I'd see them doing it, and thought it was so cool so I'd wait until they weren't around and I'd smoke her leftovers. Definitely regret doing it now.

I didn't really start smoking until I was about 13 or so, and I was "dating" a guy that was about 16. His older brother smoked and would buy cigarettes for him, so I that's when I guess I got really addicted.

6. Andrei

Andrei New Member

I have started smoking when I was 15. Now I'm 25 and I've had a hard time trying to quit it. Not only that I ran out of breath easily, but I also smelled very bad. Since the e-cigs, I feel a little better.

7. derailed

derailed Member

Well, I guess that the e-cigs are a blessing to us all. I also have breathing problems because of them. I'm happy that there has been found a solution (vaping).

8. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

It was a few days before my thirteenth birthday. Then after a time I got addicted and now I'm a compulsive smoker.