1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel now that you switched to vaping?

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by ChrisA, Mar 28, 2014.

1. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

How do you guys feel now that you stopped smoking cigs? After a few days only, without lighting one up, I could breathe in much easier. I also lost that bad taste in my mouth, which seemed to hang around all the time. Another thing I`ve noticed, is, that I can smell things much better. Like if I let something cook in the kitchen, I could smell it from my living room. No more smoke polluting the entire apartment. :D

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I can tell that my heart rate issue has improved, my sense of smell and taste seem better, and I just feel batter overall since I stopped smoking. I don't think I could go back to smoking even if I wanted to, which thankfully I don't lol.

3. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

The same goes for me as well. Cigarettes became something of an exotic threat to me. I smoke 1 or 2 occasionally, but I don`t have the urge to run out and buy a pack anymore. I can definitely recommend e-cigs to just about anyone trying to loose the habit.

4. apike

apike Member

I feel much better since I've made the switch. I can taste things better and smell better. Also, my teeth don't hurt anymore and I don't constantly have a gross taste in my mouth. I can also run upstairs again and go on longer walks. I'm not nearly as tired as I used to be and my hair looks better than it ever did when I was a smoker. I also feel like my skin looks better. I guess you don't really realize just how bad smoking is until you stop. I don't think I'll ever go back. I have no desire to.

5. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I saw recent studies, which indeed said that smoking causes your skin to age faster. People who smoked for decades and heavily smoked 2-3 packs/day would look much older then people of the same age who did not smoke at all. Only after quitting did I realize how bad cigs were for me and I was so dumb as to even pay daily for them. So good that I quit.

6. dabook

dabook New Member

I feel so good now that i switched. At first i wasn't even trying to quit cigs..but then out of nowhere I was smoking Vapes, and no more cancer and lung phlem for me! :D

7. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

For me it started out as a desperate attempt to get the heck off smokes but then ended up as a hobby of sorts and when I looked up from my desk where i build coils I realized I hadn't smoked in a few months and now couldn't stand the taste of real smokes.

8. Lithium

Lithium New Member

I feel healthier and a lot more socially acceptable, since my breath doesn't smell bad anymore.

9. Takedon

Takedon Member

I feel richer. I have managed to save around 70 dollars every month thanks to this wonderful device. I also feel healthier and I don't smell bad anymore because of the smoke.

10. rracz89

rracz89 New Member

I am looking forward to not smelling like cigarettes anymore. Although I am a heavy smoker, I don't smell it on myself. My boyfriend quit smoking so he hates when I come to bed smelling like an ashtray. So I am excited to get my sense of smell back. I'm sure a lot of you can also breathe easier.

11. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

It may surprise you how cig smoke actually smells after you have been vaping for a few months, I can smell cig smoke from a "mile away" lol

12. Takedon

Takedon Member

I think the smell was a big factor. It is the main reason I quit smoking regular cigs and bought an e-cig. Everybody hated that tobacco smell of my mouth and even my clothes!

13. derailed

derailed Member

Well, I have to agree that I feel "fancier" that before. E-cig smoke is not that annoying as cigarette smoke, and now I can talk to my non-smoker friends without any problems. Not to mention that is has a better flavor than cigarettes, and also my throat doesn't hurt that much anymore.

14. Takedon

Takedon Member

I also feel fresh. I've never been healthier. What a time to be alive! You can smoke, yet stay alive and have normal lungs for more time.

15. TheRiverRunsWild

TheRiverRunsWild New Member

I used to be a cop here in the Philippines and I went on basic recruit training way back in 2003. Back then I was stronger and faster, primarily because I was younger then. Still, I was already a chain smoker then, and while it did not affect me while on training I felt it's effect when I turned 30. Yup, I could no longer run as fast I can. I have trouble breathing specially at night. Also, I found that I get tired easily. When I shifted to vaping a year ago, I felt immediate effects. I can now run longer distances on a much faster phase. I am also able to breath easily and clearly. It does have a drastic effect on one's health.

16. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

Easier breathing was one of the immediate effects on me as well, after I made the switch. Also, I really enjoy the fact that I don`t cough like a mule in the morning and I don`t miss that ball of muck that I coughed up every day at all.

17. Takedon

Takedon Member

Oh, yes, it's way easier to breathe now. I don't choke at nights and I can also run without running out of breath.