1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

If you have trouble with a clogged tank

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by ChrisA, Mar 18, 2014.

1. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

Sometimes your clearomizer can become "clogged" and seems not to be able to produce any vapors at all. This happens when liquid gets inside where your coil connects with your clearomizer. Just unscrew your coil and wipe it dry and your cig should work fine. I don`t know if this happens with any model, but I get this often with mine. It does not mean that your clearomizer is busted.

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

my iclear 30b dual coil does this when i screw in the coil too tight and it mashes up teh o-ring causing little gaps for the juice to escape through.

I've also read that if too much pressure builds up in the tank that this can force the juice out as well. You can turn your ecig upside down periodically and some vapor will come out, when it stops the pressure should be about gone. I usually try to keep my tanks full to reduce how much are is in there.

3. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

Interestingly, I found that this happens only when your coil is very used up and ready for a replacement. Shaking your e-cig might also help removing the stuck liquid.

4. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

yup, I've noticed that too with my older coils. That is one awesome thing about my new rebuild-able, I have yet to get the dreaded "Gurgle" lol.

5. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

Oh yeah! I know that "gurgle" thing is really awful. I had that a few times and its definitely an alarm bell to go out and change my coil. Very frustrating if you want to vape but only a few puffs come out.

6. apike

apike Member

I was just coming here to ask about the "gurgle." Last night, I started getting that gurlgling sound with one of my tanks. I currently use disposable tanks, but I'm thinking of going to something else. I've found that the tanks I use just don't last very long and start to taste burnt after a few uses. I get really frustrated with this, lol.

I think I need to learn how to clean these things up better because I really feel like maybe it's just me and my user error. The tanks I use also tend to leak out the top if I tip it too much. The liquid ends up in my mouth and it's just gross! For some reason, my husband never has this problem. He told me that he thinks maybe I'm just too harsh with my vaporizer and maybe that's what the problem is (haha :/).

So, I guess my question is this: do you guys use temporary tanks or do you use ones that you clean out yourself? Which ones do you have better luck with? Money-wise, which ones are really best?

7. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

Well, while I also use temporary tanks, they last pretty long and you don`t really have to change them until they crack from the heat or use and liquid starts really dripping out. The problem with the "gurgle" are the coils. Usually, standard coils last about four days to a week, depending on how much you vape. Those are the ones you have to change. So, to answer your question, eGo tanks are fine and the coils don`t really cost that much to replace. However, if you would switch over to something more professional, I guess you could cut those cost down even more, since those coils last much longer, I`d wager.

8. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I use these before I switched to rebuildables
    Innokin iClear 30B 'Bottom Coil' Tank Clearomizer

They use replaceable dual coil heads and the heads usually last like Chris said, about a week but you can stretch it out to a couple weeks depending on how much you vape.

This tank hits really nice but if you let the juice get to low, pressure builds up and forces the liquid into the top of your mod which causes the gurgle. Also if the coils get old or if you really tighten them in to much it can cause leakage (gurgling) so you just have to screw the coil heads in finger tight and then stop.

As far as the tank goes, replacing it is affordable since they are only 15 bucks but once again as Chris said, that should be necessary unless the tank gets damaged or maybe one of the o-rings wear out.

This is one of my rebuild-able tanks that I have been using for a few weeks and no gurgling here, but you cant really tip them over with a full tank because the juice can leak from the wick hole.

I will post a list soon in the Rebuild-able Atomizer forum with all the items I had to gather to get myself set up to rebuild my own atomizers so it's there if people want to try to move to those types of setups.

SMOKTech RSST Rebuildable Atomizer

9. apike

apike Member

Here's one thing I've noticed lately. My tanks are getting HOT. I mean really freaking hot. It's my older tanks. I'm really starting to think it's time to get a new vaporizer in general because this one is starting to freak me out. I bought new tanks today and I'm going to try and take care of them to see how long I can get them to last, lol. I've been cleaning the bottoms of the tanks with a q-tip just to remove an excess liquid that might be floating around. It seems to help a bit!

10. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

Hopefully it's just your tank getting hot and not the actual battery cause that would not be a good thing.

The only thing I can think is that since the only thing on an ecig that should get hot is the coil, maybe your wicks have had it and they aren't pulling enough juice to the coil to keep it from getting red hot. If your coils are in fact turning red for too long, that could be heating up your whole tank.

In my rebuildable, if I take long drags a few times in a row the base of the tank gets hot, but thats because I am running a super low resistance and the coils are getting very hot (but they still don't glow because they have plenty of juice on them from my cotton wicks.

11. apike

apike Member

I've noticed it happens if I take too many drags off of it in quick succession. It also seems to happen when it's time to replace the tank. My dad grabbed my vaporizer the other day and even commented about how hot it was. His doesn't do that at all. Then again, he has a much better vaporizer, lol. I'm really liking my parent's new tanks. They are so much nicer and I think that will solve my hot tank problem. It's crazy what a difference a tank can make in taste and everything!

12. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

ah yea, it does kinda sound like the coil and tank combo aren't playing nice and its just not able to stay cool enough. I bet your right, if you get a nicer tank, it wont conduct as much heat that the coil is putting off. Once you upgrade definitely post your experience with it, id love to hear what tank you went with.

13. Erikkoii

Erikkoii Member

I just tried this with my Vivi Nova 3.5ml and worked like a charm! Thanks.

Sometimes I seem to get juice in my air pipe, which I suspect is the reason for gurgling?

14. VapingForums

VapingForums Administrator Staff Member

Yep, typically when the juice finds it's way through the o-ring in the bottom of the tank it gets sucked up into the air tube, causing the dreaded gurgle lol. Some just blow it out and vape on till it builds back up.

With my old iclear 30b's I would try reseating the coil a bit so its not mashing that o-ring and causing gaps for the juice to get through.

15. Erikkoii

Erikkoii Member

Yeah I usually just blow the juice out and keep vaping like you're saying, but it's not very pleasant when you get some juice in your mouth. :mrgreen:

I will try that next time I clean my tank though!

16. foodietr

foodietr New Member

Clogged tanks are synonymous to having residue from the smoke and nicotine. I think this is because of a faulty mechanism of the tank basically. One easy way is to get a cleaner liquid and probably flush the contents out. And get the device checked for a faulty tank.

17. SilvioMaF

SilvioMaF New Member

Make sure you aren't covering the air holes in the base when you draw. I know this seems obvious but it's really easy to overlook.
    If you're getting a slurping sound when you draw, try holding your ecig securely by the base and kind of swinging it like a bat towards a trash can to fling the extra juice out of the center tube.
    Sometimes if you draw too hard or you accidentally cover the air holes it'll flood and you'll have to do this again.

18. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Thanks for the help. I will keep that in mind if it happens to mine.