1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor Vaping

Discussion in 'Vaping Advocacy' started by Leeaks, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Leeaks

Leeaks New Member

I was quite surprised to find that, at least here in Ontario, people don't tend to mind if you vape inside. At least, I've had no strong reactions. I've vaped in the mall, in the bar, even at my college.

What are your stories about vaping indoors?

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I've really only vapes in a few restaurants where there weren't people sitting right next to me and I never really got any looks but I did have a cop look at my son and I really strangely when we drove by him and were hitting our vapes lol.

3. amyyoh

amyyoh New Member

I've been to vape bars, which I didn't know existed until recently. It strikes me as funny that the authorities just turn a blind eye to it, but i suppose they don't sell weed. My housemates don't mind me vaping indoors but i don't in bars or anything.

4. Aprax

Aprax New Member

I go to U of T. One of my buddies vapes a G Pen on the bus sometimes and nobody says anything lol. :?

5. Leeaks

Leeaks New Member

Wow, I didn't know there were Vape bars either. Thanks for letting me know! :p and even some cities have lounges where you can buy marijuana haha

6. foodietr

foodietr New Member

I think vaping is allowed indoors in most countries. Only those landlords who make a fuss about smoking tend to have problems with it. And the point that vaping fumes will not affect the others seem a bit relaxing compared to the cigarette fumes which can cause tertiary cancer.

7. kylekur2

kylekur2 New Member

I've also been to vape bars and they are pretty awesome. I also didn't know about them until recently. As far as vaping inside, I have at Menards, Pick N' Save and a number of other places and I haven't gotten one complaint yet that I know of.

8. Aprax

Aprax New Member

[/quote]
    Vape bars are just places where it's just ok to smoke weed, I think the key point, like you said is that they don't sell it.

9. LittleMissMia

LittleMissMia Member

I only vape in my own home or a friend's home who also vape. I never vape indoors and especially not around others in public just out of respect and courtesy. Even though the fumes aren't bad for you some people still don't like when people smoke around them or their families and I can respect that.

10. alexisfinch24

alexisfinch24 New Member

This is one of the great perks of vaping for me. But, as with most things there are people who get jealous and, try to make those who take part in substances in life to suffer. Well, I would never have thought water vapor would be banned in a public places. Basically, they are saying a restaurant can't boil water because, that is also water vapor. Right? People can be so funny sometimes. It is not the nicotine that gave people cancer but, the smoke from the tobacco.

11. sissy0903

sissy0903 New Member

In NC we have noticed that some businesses such as Mitchell Gold has began to start adding electronic cigarettes to their list of banned products on their campuses even in your own private vehicle. Some local government buildings have also started to ban the electronic cigarettes on their property. I have not seen any restaurants, bars or shopping centers banning them though. I still feel very strange when I vape indoors but I do still do it at times. I am just still very considerate and respectful to others when doing so. I don't want to have any one complain and cause a big issue. I have noticed that a TON of people are using them pretty openly in the local bars or where alcohol is sold. I guess because there are so many people who drink that also smoke its just a habit to do the two together. One positive thing about vaping that I suggested to my mom when she was at work. You can sneak into bathroom and vape and no one will ever know because the smoke doesn't linger or have an odor. :twisted:

12. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

It's a nonsense that indoor vaping is being forbidden in some locations, but this just proves that laws are being made not to protect people, but to protect the interests of those paying... :(

13. JudyCap

JudyCap New Member

I think the people who tend to complain about vaping indoors do not understand that there is no smell like ciggarette smoke. They are against smoking to begin with so they bitch about anything to do with it. it seems to me they should be glad that it doesnt stink, or cause health problems to others.

14. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

Pretty much like you say Judy, the people getting upset by vaping indoors most likely think that it's a regular cigarette, but it's not, the fumes are just water and they are not harmful at all.

15. Peninha

Peninha Member

I think that is normal because many people are unaware that is water, what I don't find normal is the legislation to forbid it, that doesn't show ignorance, but bad faith.

16. rorshach

rorshach New Member

Really haven't seen many people fuss about it when I use my e-cig at the bar. We have a no smoking ordinance and e-cigs are a great way to get around them as long as you're not in a shoulder-to-shoulder packed hole in the wall.

I have seen some people fussing about them at work, though. I work in a large warehouse and tons of people complain about a handful of people using their e-cigs during work. Some people always have to complain. :shock: