1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it a good gift?

Discussion in 'New To Vaping' started by Takedon, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Takedon

Takedon Member

I would like to know if this is a suitable gift for a smoker. Should I ask him/her first before offering the e-cig? Have you received or given one as a gift?

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I think it is an awesome gift idea as long as they have the whole kit and can start using it right away. I would think that before buying it though, it might be a good idea to "feel them out" a bit to see if they even have an interest in switching to ecigs.

Maybe vape in front of them and see if they start showing that spark of interest, some people just aren't ready to quite but the ones that are, usually "perk up" when they see me using mine and then they start asking for more info about it.

3. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

You should definitely ask if he or she wants to give up smoking for vaping. Otherwise, they would just try it out and discard it, because it would not seem like smoking at all. Making the switch from smoking to vaping requires a bit of willpower and conviction.

4. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

Completely agree, it might help to bring along some of your best toys to show off how cool some of the accessories can be. I know that getting hooked on the "hobby" of vaping was a big part of getting me off cigs, unfortunately now I spend quite a bit on mods and tanks but at least I feel a whole lot better lol.

5. Takedon

Takedon Member

Thanks for pointing that out. I can't believe that I didn't think about it. So, as long as I'm sure that the respective person WANTS an e-cig, it's a wonderful gift, isn't it?

6. johndavis

johndavis New Member

As a reformed smoker, I want to tell you that e cigs make a wonderful gift for smokers. Owning none is bad, owning one is good, but owning more is great.

It doesn't matter if they have one or not! They still make wonderful gifts for smokers and people already using e cigs to quit. I like having one in the house and in the car.

7. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

Definitely. If you buy a good starter kit, it would be an awesome gift. You could also up the gift and buy that person a mod. I know I would like one of those. :D

8. Takedon

Takedon Member

A starter kit? What would that one look like?

9. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

Well, my starter kit had two standard eGo batteries, two tanks fitted with coils and a 30 ml bottle of juice. I think there are other setups and starter kit variations, but this one is the basic one for anyone looking to get into vaping, I think.

10. Laksefar

Laksefar Member

Yeah, I'd ask first.
    I mean, try to asses whether there is even the slighetest interest in starting to vape, otherwise it's better to help him out, getting his own.

11. Erikkoii

Erikkoii Member

Any eGo battery with a decent tank would make a perfect starter kit. Especially an eGo-C Twist! Just stay away from the cig-a-likes and CE4 clearos. :)

12. Takedon

Takedon Member

So I've offered an e-cig to that friend of mine and he's really satisfied with it. He has already started using it all the time and he's saving money every day.

13. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

That`s great to hear. Hopefully he will stick to it and not return to regular smokes. Just remind him from time to time about the huge amounts of money he is not "donating" to Philip Morris and companies of the like.

14. KittyReeves

KittyReeves New Member

If the person you're giving the gift to has expressed an interest in vaping, then sure! It'll make a wonderful gift!

15. Takedon

Takedon Member

Thanks for replying. I think this is the gift I'll offer to a lot of my friends starting from now, since some of them are regular smokers.

16. derailed

derailed Member

I would personally be more than excited to recieve a gift like this! Vapers are not that cheap, and a vaper would make a good gift for a smoker in my opinion. Still, I suggest you not to give it to a picky person (when it comes to gifts at least) without asking.

17. WestCoastXO

WestCoastXO New Member

Certainly! The way I was introduced to e-cigs in the first place was through a friend of mine. He had an extra one and decided to give it to me since I was trying to cut back on cigarettes. Since then I've been a big fan and I plan on gifting him back someday!

18. derailed

derailed Member

Well, most of my friends are smokers, but I don't know if they would like to quit or not. I guess it's better asking the person first.

19. keshiac

keshiac New Member

Yes it is a great gift. Most smokers want to try it but doesn't want to buy it themselves, so buying it as a gift is a great alternative. I know a lot of people who werent even considering getting one, but someone bought it as a gift for them and they cant stop using it. And as far as asking first? I don't think its necessary, if it was any other gift would you ask? I don't think someone would be offended by it.

20. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Member

I think it makes an awesome gift, if they are toying with the idea of making the switch. I myself was toying with the idea of using a vapor pen and my boyfriend ended up buying me one for my birthday this year. I love it so much more than cigarettes, so I really appreciated it. It all depends on the opinion of the person you're buying for.