1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving into rebuild-able atomizers

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by cerebral79, Apr 22, 2014.

1. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

Hi everyone,

After seeing some of the other posts involving the shelf life of coil heads in your tanks, I wanted to post a thread where we could discuss transitioning from replaceable coils to rebuilding your own.

I was pretty intimidated to make the switch to say the least, mostly due to a lack of knowledge on the subject.

Like a few other members, I loved saving money over smoking real cigs but i found that I was quickly becoming annoyed at having to order new coil heads every few weeks and wanted to find a way to save even more cash.

I found this video and it helped me get a lot of extra life out of my coils for the ProTanks

Doing this I could remove the cotton every few days and brush off the coils (you don't dry burn these coils to clean them cause it can melt the insulator on these) and I was back in business.

The problem though, was that these coil heads were so tight of an area to work with the novelty of rebuilding them wore off quickly lol.

So it hit me one day... duh im now technically an atomizer re-builder and didn't even realize it. Inadvertently I had forgot about my fear of rebuilding and took the plunge.

So I did some research on the perfect starter rebuildable atomizer for the way I vape. I preferred one with a tank (a Genesis style is what they call 'em) and found the SmokTech RSST which was perfect for me to begin with.

It is only a single coil atomizer but for me that was ok while just starting out.

Here is a video showing how to build one, but Id recommend using organic cotton wicks because stainless steel mesh is a pain to work with when you are new to it.

I watched a few videos on how to build a coil with cotton on this tank and dove in and I have to say that it was so much easier than rebuilding Kanger coils and I really began to see how easy it would be to dry burn my coils to clean them and add a new wick every week.

In the end I did my stint with the tanks that use replaceable coils and they are perfectly fine but if you have even an ounce of "tinkerer" in you or are super thrifty, then you may find like I did, that rebuilding is both fun and a money saver.

What are your thoughts on rebuilding, fears, concerns, etc.?

2. Takedon

Takedon Member

Rebuilding? Why would I want to spend more money on something if I still have something decent?