1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicotine Levels? Flavors?

Discussion in 'New To Vaping' started by BellaVida0221, Mar 24, 2014.

1. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

That`s the best way. Start somewhere reasonable, and then work your way down to 0 if you want to give up nicotine. It is definitely do-able. Currently, I`m quite happy vaping my 24mg juice without worrying about side effects, but maybe someday I`ll go all the way and reduce it to 0 myself and just vape out of fun.

2. Takedon

Takedon Member

Actually, you won't even notice the difference if you reduce the nicotine level to 0 gradually. You won't realize when you've just quit being addicted.

3. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I have to disagree with you about this. I definitely notice the difference between 24mg and 12mg. I just don`t get the same throat hit, and it feels like I would be vaping air. It takes some getting used to for sure in my opinion.

4. Takedon

Takedon Member

Maybe because there is an actual difference between 24 and 12 mg? You don't need to dose it off that quickly, though.

5. Erikkoii

Erikkoii Member

I went down from 16mg to 12mg and then 6mg, which worked fine and I didn't really notice any difference in throat hit and taste etc. Then I tried 0mg which tasted fine, but zero throat hit. Now I'm vaping in between 6-12 depending on what taste I'd like and so on. :mrgreen:

6. Robert12345

Robert12345 New Member

I use 18mg liquids, they are a bit strong for some but I find them nice. I always go for fruit flavours and ones with big tastes.

7. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I like me some rum flavor and coffee, but boy 18mg would probably choke me at this point. I tried 12mg recently and almost couldn't take it now that I've been off nicotine for a few months.

8. Takedon

Takedon Member

I use 12 mg ones as well. I have never been a fan of the strong taste that kicks you in the lungs. But it is enjoyable in a specific way.

9. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I require that throat hit that simulates the way smokes hit, when you take a full puff. Without it, it would be like I would be vaping air. Hopefully one day I can cut back on the nicotine far enough to not require that sensation.

10. derailed

derailed Member

I use between 20 and 25 grams of nicotine. It's not that strong, still not a weak concentration. If you want to quit, you might want to vape less and less nicotine, until you feel comfortable with a 0 nicotine concentration.

11. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

That is what I would advise as well. Regularly cutting back on the nic concentration until you reach 0, is the best way to beat the addiction. Even smoking one or two a day is fine. Important thing is to reach 0 and not crave nicotine anymore, be it from e-cigs or regulars.

12. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Member

The level of nicotine I am at right now is at 6mg. I plan on going down the next time I go in to buy more e-juice. Eventually I would like to get down to 0mg. I am starting to recognize that my smoking habit is more so the habit of hand-to-mouth and not so much the nicotine itself.

13. derailed

derailed Member

Update: I've recently got down to 10 mg of nicotine. It's a nice progress, as I was vaping higher nicotine amounts at first. I guess I'm on the right way on my smoking-quitting-through-vaping journey.

14. sanders89

sanders89 New Member

Good job for everyone that is on here, it is a really hard thing to do and to stop the cravings. I am down to 6mg right now, and that is hard enough. I still crave cigarettes like crazy, but it's getting better all the time and at least I am cutting back.

15. jjeffers

jjeffers New Member

I enjoy the Mountain Dew flavor! Ive quit the nicotine and i use the plain water flavor!

16. derailed

derailed Member

It's all about willpower. I know it's hard, but you have to endure the craving, and the results will be very good! Best luck on your vaping journey!

17. xanadu0324

xanadu0324 New Member

There shouldn't be any water in e-liquid. At all. Are you sure you didn't mean something else?

18. derailed

derailed Member

Well, I think it was a metaphor. You know, for the 0 nicotine concentration. And it was pretty well-put.

19. xanadu0324

xanadu0324 New Member

There's 36 available from a couple places. It's good for those who smoked several packs a day, but I wouldn't recommend staying on it very long. I started on 24 and VERY quickly stepped down to 18. You don't really realize the nic level that works for you until you get too much, lol.

20. wvboarder

wvboarder Member

I totally get why a nonsmoker would want to vape. For me I like my nicotine to really pack a punch. That's one of the greatest things about vaping. If you needed to limit your intake or even cut it out all together you, you have the option if you need it. With regular cigarettes you're either in or out. Light and regular are pretty much your only options.