1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Personal Opinion to Smokers

Discussion in 'New To Vaping' started by ChrisA, Mar 17, 2014.

1. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I know many smokers tend to avoid getting into vaping for many different reasons. I for one switched over to vaping about a year ago and have not bought a pack since then. It can be hard at first to get used to your new e-cig, but if you persist, vaping can replace smoking entirely. The first things you will notice is the ability to breathe in and out much easier, and maybe also a heightened sense of smell and taste. Apart from health benefits, you will also save a lot of money by not smoking anymore. What are your personal opinions about this? Was it hard to switch? Or did you not even smoke at all and just started vaping?

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I myself was a 1-2 pack a day smoker for almost 15 years and I just had to finally find a way to quite. Unfortunately, I REALLY like to smoke so quitting cold turkey or using patches/gum just wasn't going to cut it.

I saw some ecigs at my local gas station and decided to give them a shot. I saw the idea behind them and it was a much better replacement than gum or patches but boy were they weak in terms of throat hit.

Once I got my first "real" vaporizer it was all over lol. The plumes of vapor, the throat hit, the taste, it was just so much better than smoking real cigs. At first, I would smoke a couple real cigs a day but after a couple months I couldn't get past a few puffs until i put the cig out and picked up my vape.

Now, almost a year later I can't imagine smoking almost two packs a day. I feel healthier, my sense of taste has improved, and i just don't feel like crap overall :)

I do have to admit that building my collection hasn't been cheaper than smoking initially. However, now that i have my set up figured out and the materials needed to rebuild my own coils, I am now seeing a huge savings compared to buying real cigs.

3. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I know how you felt in regards to the throat hit. I had the same experience. I also liked to smoke a lot and smoked about 2 packs a day for almost 10 years. At first vaping did not seem like a good substitute, but then I went out and bought a big clearomizer tank along with 24mg nicotine concentration e-juice and I must say the throat hit now is excellent. I have been smoking at this concentration for many months now and cigarettes for me are a non issue anymore.

4. TankerUK

TankerUK New Member

Like everyone above, I couldn't envisage giving up the physical act of smoking until I met a colleague at work who was standing outside with his electronic cig. I ordered one and immediately on the first day went from 20+ a day to less 5 or 6. One week later, I went analog-free for the first time in 20 years and that was 3 years ago. Once you find the right kit and juice strength then you will get your throat hit without the killer chemicals. Vaping truly has changed my life.

5. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

definitely, and this is why i do things like donate old gear to family members and friends that are trying like crazy to get off analogs.

6. 3Quency

3Quency New Member

I am about to switch to E-Cigs I have tried them and still prefer actual smoking however I did enjoy the taste and the menthol coolness, I work a very stressful job and the few smoke breaks I do have need to be used for relief.

I do hope it will at least help me cut down though and I think it will.

7. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I think it definitely will help you. Also, depending on the rules at your workplace, you might be able to vape even while you work and won`t need those cigarette breaks anymore. Also, if you like menthol cigs, there are many different taste available in e-juice as well, even different variations of menthol taste combined with something else.

8. 3Quency

3Quency New Member

I know a few of my colleagues do use their ECigs at their desks around the office. It's a bit of a grey area regarding use but it should be fine.

9. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I think people and companies will gradually get used to people vaping while working, riding the bus or generally doing casual things. This whole culture is pretty new to anyone, I guess and just requires time until people realize that it is far favorable to smoking real cigs.

10. 3Quency

3Quency New Member

The whole idea of it being healthier would definitely help with it being accepted, don't see why some companies frown upon it yet have a smoking area? Baffles me to be honest.

11. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

There are extremely wild theories and speculation going on in world about vaping, some even going so far as to say e-cig are radioactive. I think people still believe them to be drugs and a menace and consider smoking to be safe and trusted.

12. Laksefar

Laksefar Member

For me it wasn't that hard.
    I didn't go "cold turkey", I just cut down my smoking while vaping.
    Started out with 18/24mg liquids, and the smoked around 5-10 cigarettes a day. After a month or two I only smoked a cigaretted a day and eventually just stopped.
    Now I'm vaping 6/12mg of nicotine since I kind of realized that I'm not that addicted to nicotine, even though I've been smoking for 10 years.
    So for me it was a smooth transition. And I'm so happy that I got into vaping !

13. Lithium

Lithium New Member

I am a smoker too, but I still think it's stupid and unhealthy. However, once you become an addict, there is no way out.

14. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

This is almost exactly how it went for me and I smoked for about 15 years. I just weened my self off of real cigs and eventually I found that I had kinda just stopped.

Im almost done cutting out nicotine the same way, I could go full zero nic now but I don't want to waste all this 2-3 mg juice i have left so I keep diluting it with zero nic when i buy it.

15. Takedon

Takedon Member

I accept smokers and don't judge them at all. I do realize that it is not healthy at all, but as long as the other don't smoke your second hand smoke, everything is okay.

16. BryanCassidy

BryanCassidy New Member

I'm thinking of switching over for many of the reasons that you mentioned. I enjoy the physical act of smoking but hate the addictive aspect. I smoke cigars on a weekly basis now but have to be careful of doing so because it's very easy for me to become addicted again. Do you think that vaping is a safer alternative to cigars?

17. Takedon

Takedon Member

I think smoker are just humans. They're as human as the other people but they have a little addiction, that's all. And it can end with smoking a vaper.

18. babyleans

babyleans New Member

i'm in the process of quitting the packs and i have to say i really don't like the e-cigs. however i promised myself to be committed and hopefully i can do this. if they allowed smoking them in the workplace that would be nice.

19. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

Safer and healthier for sure. Although if you smoke a cigar once a week, it should not affect your health that much. Try combining vaping and cigars. I do it myself as well, only with cigs. I vape exclusively, but once somebody with cigs comes visiting, I help myself to a few, just for that day. I treat cigs as something of an occasional thing that I do.

20. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuff New Member

My boyfriend got serious about vaping when I moved in because the smell of cigarette smoke made me nauseous. (I also told him we couldn't get anything nice and new until I wouldn't have to worry about it smelling like cigarettes.) He always enjoyed the physical act of smoking cigarettes but think it was more the ritual than the actual nicotine that did it for him. He has developed his own vaping routine and smokes actual cigarettes when he is super stressed, but otherwise this was almost a cold turkey approach for him.