1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

PG oR VG Oil

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by DreekLass, Mar 19, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLass New Member

So there are two main types of electronic cigarette oils that I know of. When I first got me Ego-T, I experienced quite a bit of itching within the first week of using it. During this time I wasn't smoking analogue cigarettes at all, and my diet hadn't changed. SO I attributed this change to the oil that I was using, which was Propylene Glycol (PG)

I googled it to see whether or not the vaping was causing the itching, and there seemed to be a link between vaping and itching.

Someone suggested that I order a Vegetable Glycol oil, and I did as suggested. Poof, the itching stopped.

Apparently the VG oil is a lot purer.

Which oil do you vape?

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I myself never experienced an allergy to PG but pure PG is way to much throat hit for my tastes so I go with a 50/50 blend or 20% PG/80%VG blend when i want more vapor production.

Now that I am down to just about zero nicotine though, I may increase the PG amount in my blend because that loss of nicotine has reduced the throat hit and I kind of miss it now lol.

3. Laksefar

Laksefar Member

I vape the "standard" 50/50 PG/VG.
    To be honest I haven't tried combinations like 20/80 and a like.
    But I'm happy with 50/50. The taste is good. The vapor feel right to me. A biiiig cloud :D

4. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I also think that I might have an allergy or at least a reaction to PG oil. Whenever I vape something with PG, I get heavy coughs. I have to say I`ll go for VG from now on.

5. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

Yep 50/50 seems to be the standard, but i wanted to get a bit more vapor so i bumped up the vg. I think that I actually might go back to 50/50 to get a bit more throat hit back.

And Chris, I know that a decent amount of ppl have mentioned similar effects from PG so going VG may be the best way to go :)

6. Takedon

Takedon Member

Both are good and I'd use them without making a specific choice but the PG Oil is cheaper in my country. Thus, I am using it more than I use VG.