1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Protecting my gear from the heat?

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by Puffin, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Puffin

Puffin New Member

Getting ready to go on a long road trip…and since it summer in Arizona I'm a little concerned about my stuff overheating in the car. Of course I'll be using the A/C while I'm driving but I may have some long stops. Should I put my stuff in a cooler?

What about using it outside on a hot day? I find sometimes my batteries don't work as well in high temperatures and I am wondering if there are any precautions or special packing I should do for my ecig stuff before I travel?

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and extreme temperatures can reduce your batteries life from what I read.

I know that my juices can thin out a bit when kept in a hot car and this can cause the juice to leak past some o rings in tanks and cleromizers so that might be something to think about but the big one is the batteries.

I use pretty expensive sony vtc 4 and vtc 5 batteries in my mods so I never leave my device in a hot car for more than 15 minutes or so. I usually just put the device in my pocket although I never carry just the batteries in my pocket since they MIGHT make contact with other metal items like keys and short out.