1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons Why Vaping Is Safer (and better) Than Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by 2times, May 28, 2014.

1. 2times

2times New Member

So by now most of the people out there have heard of or are a vape user. More and more people are switching over from cigarettes to vaporizors. Why???

Vaporizors, or vapes, are a rechargeable device that runs on e juice to produce water vapor.

PROS

- No ash, no mess (well, unless you have butterfingers and drop your e juice bottle)

-saves LOADS of money! (one 15 mL E-juice bottle of 12% nicotine for $13 is equal to approximately 8-10 packs of cigarrettes!)

-adjustable nicotine level (the reason why it is so easy to quit cigs)

-FLAVORS!! (hundreds, maybe even thousands of flavors! you name a flavor, its probably available for purchase at a smoke shop)

CONS

-Charging time takes hours depending on battery size

-You need to change coils every 2-4 weeks. but coils can go as low as $2 each.

-Every time you want to change a flavor, you need to wash out the tank (Unless you don't care about a little flavor mixing.)

:D :D :D :D HAPPY VAPING EVERYONE :D :D :D :D

2. derailed

derailed Member

Don't forget the fact that you are able to blow more smoke with a vaper. It's not really a "pro", but it looks very nice and makes you feel bad-ass.

3. Peninha

Peninha Member

I think that there is no real debate here, vapers are way better than cigarettes because they have a total different aim, they are something in between until you stop smoking. Sure, they are cheaper, cleaner, healthier and they don't disturb the ones around us, so they are a great option!

4. Aprax

Aprax New Member

I hardly see the charging as a con.. yes, it sucks, but if you have more than one vape then you can charge one during the day while you use another. Or charge it over night.

5. AlterB

AlterB New Member

One point to add - I found myself smoking more when I switched to the electronic cigarettes - and I still smoked regular cigarettes. I think it's because you can smoke them in more places than cigarettes. I do not smoke in my house, but I can walk around and puff on an electronic cigarette all day long - so, I did.

6. Peninha

Peninha Member

That is no doubt a con AlterB because we can smoke them anywhere, but on the other hand it's also a discipline that we need to have in ourselves, do we use it to smoke more or to live a healthier life?

7. LittleMissMia

LittleMissMia Member

Vaping is so much better no matter which way you slice it and dice it. I really love that they come in all flavors and colors. You can do so many sick smoke tricks that you can't do with a regular old cig. Go team Vape! lol ;)

8. Dunkelweizen

Dunkelweizen New Member

I wouldn't say no mess. No mess while smoking, yes. But the prep is, in my experience, rather messy and oily. Plus I've broken two cartomizers in my lunchbag and one in my pocket - both times a serious pain in the a** to clean up.

Still better than dealing with a broken cig in my pocket though, so I guess it balances out.

9. foodietr

foodietr New Member

The pros I think are in the order:
    Safer, Health hazards are almost non-existent, Civilized.
    Cons:
    Cost factor, some health risk.

10. Peninha

Peninha Member

The cost factor is not a con foodietr, are you aware of how much it costs a pack of cigarettes these days? And it's pretty common for people to smoke 1 or 2 pack a day, so if you do the maths vaping actually saves you money as well.

11. RedCinn

RedCinn New Member

It makes you look bad-ass too. :D

For me, the biggest advantage is that I'm feeling healthier now that I vape. I save money too which is a positive that cannot be overlooked.

12. nick1708

nick1708 New Member

Their are many reasons why vaping is safer than and better than cigarettes. Smoke-free, ash-free, tar-free, and free from carbon monoxide, vaping is clearly safer and better. In addition to being a a much cheaper cigarette alternative which still provides nicotine, vaping is permitted in most places where smoking is not. I have also saved lots of money since I started vaping, instead of blowing all my money on packs of cigarettes. Smoking cigarettes are far more harmful to your lungs than vaping is. These are reasons why I think vaping is better than cigarettes.

13. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 New Member

There are so many reasons why vaping is safer than smoking. For one there is no fire risk, you don't bother people around you with a disgusting smell. You are not inhaling deadly chemicals, the ones that make you addicted to Cigs in the first place. There are just so many positive applications.

14. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Thanks for providing us with such useful information. I have read all the reasons and I surely agree with you. :)

15. sn1

sn1 New Member

well its almost a no brainer that vaping is better than smoking and there really isnt any harm in using it at the same time. so its almost a win win.

16. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Yes just that. For example I charge mine during the night while I sleep so the next day the battery is full.

17. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

Overnight charging is the most convenient, just put it next to your phone, smartwatch and all other devices you have, like a charging discipline. :cool:

18. Peninha

Peninha Member

LOL, do you have all those devices Gelsemium? But in fact, we can't charge it overnight or if we have two e-cigs we can just alternate, no big deal I think this charge situation.

19. wvboarder

wvboarder Member

Well among the million of reasons I can think of I think the ones that stand out the most for me are cost, ease of use, and portability. I love that the vapor is just heated water, nicotine, and flavor. These three things are a way safer way to enjoy smoking. I've had several members in my family die from lung cancer and they might not have if this technology was around for them way back then. Just my two cents.

20. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

I hear ya there, if ecigs were around before my mother came down with all of her lung issues she may be around a lot longer than what's projected by the doctors.