1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking E-cigs, cool or not cool?

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by TheRiverRunsWild, Apr 24, 2014.

1. TheRiverRunsWild

TheRiverRunsWild New Member

An old buddy of mine who now lives in the Amazon jungle, visited me a couple of days ago and he told me that. I look dumb when I'm smoking my e-cig. I told him there's nothing cool when after the doctor tells you that you have lung cancer and that is the reason I started using e-cigs. He just laughed at me and told me that I had gotten soft through the years and I've lost my inner machismo. Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion I guess.As far as I am concerned, e-cigs is the way of the future. And even if they say that I look a little tamed because I smoke e-cigs, then it's a price I am willing to pay so I can go on living an extra 30-40 years.

What about you guys? Have you ever received a comment like this from using e-cigs?

2. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I can totally relate to your situation. When I first started using an e-cig, I got laughed at, left and right, by my friends, telling me to man up and smoke the real deal, because e-cigs are for weaklings. That was until one of them took a puff of my 24 mg VG juiced and coughed for 5 minutes straight. :lol:

3. derailed

derailed Member

Well, vaping is a pretty useful innovation. But nowadays everything which is out of the usual is considered weird, strange and people are usually laughing at it. Not a cool behavior in my opinion.

Smoking E-cigs is much better that having your lungs burned. End of story.

4. KittyReeves

KittyReeves New Member

It doesn't really matter if its "cool" or not. It just matters if it works or not. Vaping probably looks weird now, but in 5 or 10 years, it'll probably become the norm. So who cares if others don't think it's "cool".

5. Takedon

Takedon Member

Actually, who cares! They may be 'cool', mkay. But as long as you aren't a 12 years old kid, it doesn't matter.