1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Teenagers..

Discussion in 'News' started by Leeaks, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Leeaks

Leeaks New Member

Has anybody heard the news that some teenagers are using certain types of vapes to smoke illegal substances with? Kinda gives us all a bad name if you ask me, I don't think I would be very happy if we started seeing bans for this reason. Any info on this topic would be very helpful! thanks

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

As a matter of fact I have, I read an article about kids doing that on high school property a month or so ago. I can't say it surprises me but I agree that it may be just the next fear mongering stuff that the anti vape groups are looking for.

In the end though, I don't think it will lead to any serious bans for the general vaping community and even if were to come to that, people will just start selling "kits" with some assembly required or plans to build your own devices from radio shack parts lol.

I think vaping has gotten to big of a hold on the public, and when you start to see big tobacco companies jumping on board it must mean something.

3. LittleMissMia

LittleMissMia Member

I don't think there will be any ban. Kids are always going to find new ways to smoke illegal substances. Apples, vaporizers, you name it, they've smoked from it before.

4. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

Unfortunately kids will always look for ways to get high, it's just the way it is. A couple of years ago it was "fashionable" to smell glue, but they didn't bad glue did they? So surely the vapers cannot be held responsible for improper use, it's meant to juices, not drugs.

5. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

6. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

This is why minors should not be allowed to buy e-cigs because they use them inappropriately and they give vaping a bad name. Thanks for sharing the article.

7. Peninha

Peninha Member

Teenagers will always be teenager, that's the years when we do the crazy things. I think it can be forbidden to be sold to under 18, but this doesn't mean they can't get e-cigs anyway...

8. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Member

I see no problems in making such thing forbidden, but on the other hand we also cannot extrapolate, some similar cases happen in all areas and all products. They didn't stop selling glue did they?

9. wvboarder

wvboarder Member

.....(continued from title) Scare the living shit outta me. This isn't exactly news as the kids to turn THC into a vapor gel you can infuse your solution with has been around for awhile. It's expensive but I know several people that swear by it. If it's just THC that's fine, there are way worse things they could be doing.