1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

The best starter kit!

Discussion in 'New To Vaping' started by ttchoubs, Apr 15, 2014.

1. ttchoubs

ttchoubs New Member

This is a thread to help inform beginners about what I believe to be the best way to start vaping.
    This should cost arould $50 to get started.

You will need 3 things:
    - The battery
    - The tank + vaporizer(clearo/atty/carto)
    - The juice

For the battery I recommend you use the Itaste MVP 2.0. Every vaper I've talked to loves it. It has a reputation for being a great battery for everyone. I personally have one and think it is fantastic. It holds a charge for a very long time, and will last you near forever.

For the tank and vaporizer, I recommend buying the Kanger Mini Protank. It also has a great reputation and is loved by most every vaper.

(If you're looking to buy, I highly suggest buying this duo from Steammonkey.com. http://www.steammonkey.com/Gibbon_MVP2_ ... it-gib.htm It is the MVP 2.0 and the Mini protank all sold as one. I have personally dealt with this vendor and they are great.)

And lastly, the juice. For getting started, I'd recommend going to mtbakervapor.com , as they have a great selection of juices and they are a very good price. They are very well established in the vaping community for their great customer service. Pick out a couple of flavors that appeal to you (Note: I'd advise against getting tobacco flavors; most vapers who try them don't particularly care for them). For the Pg/Vg ratio, the best to start out with is 50/50.

Good luck and happy vaping!

2. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

This post is pretty much it man, This is a similar setup to what I found to get me into vaping and the parts and juice supplier are spot on.

I highly recommend mtbakervapor and I am a regular customer but one thing I should mention is that there are a ton of quality boutique ejuice vendors out there and once you get settled in with vaping, please go out and try them out.

We have one already on the forums, hazardvapors check em out. in the vendor forum. If anyone else knows of good ejuice vendor sites please post them in the shopping forums. for example.

3. Takedon

Takedon Member

Thanks for giving me this information. I should have been on this forum before, since it would have helped me a little more.

4. derailed

derailed Member

Thanks for the useful information. I'm thinking of switching to vaping, and I want to buy a quality vaper and this post has helped me.

5. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Member

My start up kit was very similar to what you described, aside from the actual battery I got. I paid around $40 for juice, tank, charger, case, and battery. I love it and can't imagine I will need anything different for a long while.

6. J3NN4

J3NN4 Member

I've noticed that the price is usually higher when buying a kit, at least in shops around me.

I can find everything a kit includes for around $30, when the entire kit will be sold for $50 or so.

7. derailed

derailed Member

I agree, but they do this for the looks for sure. That's why I've always preferred to build my own vaper. It's just cheaper (and better) this way.

8. sanders89

sanders89 New Member

9. smoketastic

smoketastic New Member

I personally use SmokeTastic to find all the best electronic cigarette brands and actually watch their videos so I get to see what they are all like before I buy, one of the best e cigarette reviews out there:

What Is The Best E-Cigarette - The 2015 Guide