1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you do with the lighter?

Discussion in 'Vaping General Chat' started by Takedon, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Takedon

Takedon Member

Did you throw it away? Because I've seen a lot of people who keep it as a memory of their regular cigars. Some people smoke both, actually.

2. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I keep one or more in the house, just in case one of my smoking friends comes over and has no lighter with him. :D I usually light one up from their pack in that case, for old times sake, but I don`t think I could switch over to smoking after vaping or even spending money on cigs to smoke/vape both.

3. Takedon

Takedon Member

Actually, it's always useful to have a lighter around. Who knows when you might need to burn something or start smoking regular cigars again?

4. Laksefar

Laksefar Member

Well, I still have a couple lying around.
    It's always good to have a light. I do let people light a smoke if they want to, and every once in a while I might light one my self, if in good company.
    But also for lighting candles and such.

5. VapingForums

VapingForums Administrator Staff Member

I left mine sitting on my desk as kind of a reminder. I actually just tried to smoke a real cig and only got about a puff and a half down, it was not very enjoyable lol.

6. HazardVapor

HazardVapor New Member

Lol I gave mine to somebody else who smokes. I have also smoked a few cigarettes since I started vaping and I was Pleased to find it was a terrible experience!! :oops: :eek: ;)

7. Erikkoii

Erikkoii Member

I have probably given them away or lost them sometime when I were drunk. :mrgreen:

8. Takedon

Takedon Member

Hmmm, letting them as a reminder is a really good idea. It always tells you 'don't smoke again'.

9. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

You could also use your spare lighter in case you run out of matches. Happened to me before. :D

10. Takedon

Takedon Member

Or you can use its flashlight (if it has one). It's not the best choices, but if you run out of electricity and need some quick light, it will do.

11. derailed

derailed Member

I still buy lighters to light up the oven. They don't mean very much to me, as they're just inanimate objects.

12. Takedon

Takedon Member

Of course they are, but to a real smoker, his/her lighter means a lot. It reminds you of the great memories next to your friends, I suppose.

13. WestCoastXO

WestCoastXO New Member

I still keep my lighter for the occasional cigarette. Never know when a lighter might come in handy!

14. TheRiverRunsWild

TheRiverRunsWild New Member

Its funny because I have a collection of Zippos. I have about 116 of them. I still keep them even though I don't use them anymore. They were gifts from close friends and family members and i just can't and will not throw them away. I still received a Zippo as a gift last March (it was my birthday), and I it was cool. I don't think that it would in anyway influence me to go back to smoking cigarettes though. I still plan to collect and buy lighters so that my collection would grow.

15. Takedon

Takedon Member

Zipps are my favorite, actually. Not only that they look really nice, but they are also very nice and easy to use.