1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Vaping Forums
    First Time Here?
    Welcome to TheVapingForums.com a friendly vaping forum that provides a place for new and veterans vapers. We offer discussions on eJuice, box mods, starter kits and vaping reviews, We also hold contest to win and post cheap deals.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are you on your vaping journey?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cerebral79, Mar 17, 2014.

Where are you in your vaping journey?

1. Haven't started, looking for help with my first purchase.

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Currently using a disposable cartridge ecig like the Blu brand

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Using a tank/atomizer vape pen like the Vision Spinner

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Using full blown variable volt/watt and/or mechanical mods with replaceable coils/cartos

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  5. Using full blown variable volt/watt and/or mechanical mods AND rebuilding my own atomizers

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

Just a fun little poll to see where everyone is at on their cloud chasing mission.

2. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

I have yet to learn how to build my own coils and tanks, however, I`m quite happy with my replaceable coils, as they are half the price of a pack of cigarettes at my location and last me about 3-4 days, depending on how much I vape. But I usually vape a lot. :D

3. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

Oh man yea the replaceable coils are very nice and convenient as well. I ended up buying my first rebuildable after watching this video and realizing that rebuilding these little coils can't be any more difficult than rebuilding an RBA dripper or tank like the Smok RSST.

I actually just gave my son one of my old vamo mods, a tank, batteries, and a charger with a bunch of spare coils to get him started. I doubt it will be long before he is asking me to teach him how to rebuild a tank like mine lol.

4. ChrisA

ChrisA Member

That`s some awesome info in that video. Being able to rebuild your coils with cheap materials might save me a lot of cash on the long run. Even if replaceables are cheap, it adds up. I will definitely give it a shot and try to learn something along the way. :D

5. aurorawinter

aurorawinter New Member

I'm using the electronic disposable e cigs, blu brand. I'm considering switching, but i'm not sure i have the funds to fund my switch haha!

6. cerebral79

cerebral79 Member

:) definitely understand that. The initial investment is a bit steep even for a lower end set up but once you get the core items, you then just have to buy juice, replacement tanks if they are disposable or coils if you get a replaceable coil tank, and maybe new batteries every 6 months to a year or more (depending on what batteries you buy).

Here are a few links to some components I recently gave my son to help him stop coming and he loves it.

The body
    Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | myvaporstore

Charger
    TrustFire Multifunctional Charger

Batteries (buy at least two)
    Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | myvaporstore

A good starter tank
    Innokin iClear 30B 'Bottom Coil' Tank Clearomizer

The replacement coils that you need for the tank (buy the 1.5 ohm ones for a better hit but bear in mind you need to set the vamo 2 to a lower volt setting, such as 4.2-4.6 ish. These usually last for a couple weeks but i replace mine once a week because they hit harder when they are fresh but thats just my preference.
    Atomizer Head for Innokin iClear 30B 'Bottom Coil'

Some of my original juices that I blened were

East Coast Tobacco
    East Coast Tobacco E Juice Baker Vapor
    50/50 pg vg blend 12 mg nicotine

mixed 50/50 with
    Extreme Ice
    Extreme Ice E Juice Baker Vapor

It seems like a lot but in the end you save a lot compared to paying for all those disposables and you are able to use safer batteries since they are replaceable and not part of the ecig itself.

7. derailed

derailed Member

Well, as I have said before, I'm looking foward to buying a vaper. I really want to quit smoking, and my friend has borrowed me his e-cig for the past month. I'm buying one when Easter is over.

8. WestCoastXO

WestCoastXO New Member

I'm using the disposable kind by blu, as well as the rechargeable kit. Both were given to me by a friend and I love them both! I'm looking forward to upgrading in the near future, seeing as my birthday is coming up. E-cigs are great and I really like my experience with them so far.

9. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Member

I am currently using a tank. I really like the piece that I have. I never wanted anything super fancy. I like to keep my things very simple and only go as far as I need to. I'm content having a super simple piece that allows me to do what I need to do. :)

10. derailed

derailed Member

I'm using a tank. Why? It's easy to use, looks simple yet good and is very practical. I love it, and it's one of the best deals I've ever done.

11. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Member

I also really love the tanks. My friend has been trying to convince me otherwise with the cotton, wire, etc. It just sounds like too much of a hassle to me. :/

12. xanadu0324

xanadu0324 New Member

My vaping has turned into a serious habit. It started out as something to get off the cigs, and now it's a fun hobby of mine. I rebuild coils sometimes, but only if I'm in the mood for it. I'd much rather just fill my vivi nova and screw it on. I still jump around from companies finding flavors that I must have, thinking I will settle, and then something else catches my eye. I'm currently debating the purchase of a DNA30 so that I can rebuild sub-ohm coils and still have the protection that mechs don't have.